With a delicious real milk taste, Pauls Zymil is Australia's favourite fresh lactose free dairy milk*. It's an excellent source of protein, vitamins, calcium and other minerals, and is also gluten-free. Pauls Zymil has a low glycaemic index, so it will give you a sustained energy release, and keep you feeling fuller for longer.
If you are sensitive to lactose, or just find that regular dairy milk disagrees with you, Pauls Zymil could be your answer.
Pauls Zymil can be used anywhere regular milk is used, including in all your favourite recipes.
Pauls Zymil tastes just like regular dairy milk – because it is! (just without the lactose). Some people notice that Pauls Zymil has a slightly sweeter taste than regular milk. This is because the lactose has been broken down into simpler sugars. However, Pauls Zymil has no more natural sugar than regular milk. For those that need to make a switch from regular milk, Pauls Zymil is an easy way to make a change – because there's no need to compromise on taste, no need to make a big lifestyle change, and no need to re-train your taste buds to a new type of milk. Are you feeling the love yet?
Dairy milk is such a nutrient powerhouse that it's important not to cut-back or avoid dairy milk entirely when you are sensitive to lactose. By choosing Pauls Zymil lactose free milk, you can continue to benefit from the essential nutrients found in dairy milk, as well as continue to enjoy the delicious taste!
Zymil and kids
Research shows only a third of Australian children are eating sufficient amounts of dairy foods daily, putting them at increased risk of low calcium intakes(1). Because Pauls Zymil is available in both full cream and low fat varieties, it is suitable for both children and adults and provides a nutritious option for maintaining dairy intake in children who have trouble digesting lactose. For children over 2 years, low fat milk is recommended, however full cream milk is recommended for children under the age of 2 years(2). Like adults, it is recommended children from 4 years onwards include 2-3 serves of dairy foods daily(5). If your child has trouble digesting lactose, Zymil is the ideal inclusion in their diet as it provides the same amount of calcium as normal cow's milk, while also providing the nutritional goodness of dairy. Try the following to help your children include enough dairy in their diet:
- Serve a glass of Zymil with breakfast
- Freeze lactose free yoghurt and include in children's lunchboxes
- Add hard cheese to sandwiches
- Serve cheese and crackers at lunchtime or as an after school snack
- Serve hard cheese with fruit after dinner
- Make a Zymil milkshake or smoothie as an after school snack (see recipe – Mango and Mint Smoothie)
- Offer a hot chocolate made with Zymil before bed
- Use Zymil to make pancakes for a weekend breakfast treat
- Use Zymil to make dairy based desserts kids will love such as Lemon Delicious Pudding or Crème Caramel
1. Commonwealth Scientific Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) Preventative Health National Research Flagship, The University of South Australia. 2007 Australian National Children's Nutrition and Physical Activity Survey - Main Findings. Canberra: Department of Health and Aging, 2008
2. National Health and Medical Research Council. Dietary Guidelines for Children and Adolescents in Australia. Canberra: Commonwealth Department of Health and Ageing, 2003.
Sorry you don't have the Flash player plugin.
Want to see our brand new Zymil site?
Get Adobe Flash player. Adobe Flash Player.
This information is of a general nature only and is not designed to replace individual medical advice. Always consult your doctor or dietitian for specific dietary advice.
Copyright © Parmalat Australia Ltd